Personal injury refers to an injury, but not to your house, to your body, emotions or mind. For instance, if you fell by slipping on a banana peel in a grocery store, personal injury will apply to your physical injury, that is, bruises or broken leg, but not to the damage to your watch.Learn more about us at Carlson Meissner Hart & Hayslett, P.A. – Personal Injury Attorney New Port Richey
Basically, a personal injury claim is a court case where another person is sued by a corporation or entity for compensation to cover emotional and physical damages. There are primarily five types of cases of such injuries, like:
- Bodily Injury-The victim’s injury is due to the conduct of another person, business or property owner.
- Injury to reputation-Applies to the condition in which the plaintiff’s reputation has sustained harm, resulting in direct economic or physical damage.
- Product Liability-This applies to the harm incurred by a product’s assembly or design. This implies violation of warranty, which is the failure of the vendor to fulfil the terms of a guarantee or make false statements regarding the form or condition of the goods.
- Economic Injury-In some situations, personal injury may affect the value of your property due to economic harm, such as a person’s negligent actions, and this is considered to be an economic injury.
- Intentional Injury-In this situation, the injury is carried out on intent and this classification typically involves battery and assault.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Requirement
Depending on whether the incident is accidental, deliberate or a consequence of a defective product, a personal injury lawyer may assist you in filing a lawsuit. Since the object of both yours and the insurance companies of the defendant is to make a profit, the assistance of an experienced lawyer is required. Not only can they assist you in building your case in a strong way, they will negotiate on your behalf with the insurance provider.