We all have our unique favourites, but the best restaurants have certain things in common. Those are the areas which stay in operation irrespective of what the economy does. With one meal you learn who they are. They become an integral part of your comfort network. Cafés, diners, bistro shops, or pizzerias all share five features. Learn more on Fork & Fire-Brunch.
1) Welcoming: Successful restaurants know how to genuinely accept their clients. They don’t put on a fake smile or have-a-nice-day line, but offer a genuine warm welcome and do seem to care about the dining experience of their customers. Often those places are owned and operated privately by someone who loves the cafe as much as you do.
2) Reliable: The places you enjoy are reliable with their food serving consistency. They might change their menu to keep it fresh but the eating establishment ‘s basic flavor remains the same. The style of kitchen is consistent, and what you anticipate from their menu as you step in the door and order. You don’t want to find out whether you’re starving for BBQ, because the menu has shifted to vegan.
3) Fresh ingredients: they cook the dishes with the freshest ingredients, no matter what sort of menu the best restaurants have. You should not place some dried, unused or expired products on your platter. You know the veggies, sauces, and meats are very fresh, whether they serve pizza, salad, or fish at a top quality place.
4) Engaged Wait Staff: The food can be fantastic but if it’s served by a surly, negligent or bored waiter, it’s a subpar dining experience. The person with your food plate who takes your order and returns should be knowledgeable, prompt, courteous and actually want to be there. If waiters love feeding clients, they provide a great dining experience with their customers. This often says a lot about the management, as well. Well handled workers have positive behaviors.
5) Talented chef: Let’s face it; where the buck ends is the guy who cooks your meal. This practitioner has to know what he or she is doing. A chef or cook should be enthusiastic, creative and professional to turn the raw materials on your plate into the tasty entrances and side dishes. He or she also needs to be able to work under pressure as this is a fast paced job.
The best restaurants can be places to be comforting. Being fed delicious food in pleasant surroundings nourishes the soul. Were you aware that food made with love is actually better for your body? Sites that are friendly, trustworthy, use the freshest produce, hire dedicated waiting staff and have a professional chef in the kitchen are the favored place for their customers to dine for good reasons.