A Note on Water Restoration

House fires cause more damage than just charring, soot, and smoke: the same water the firefighters use to extinguish the flames can also devastate your home. As if the tragedy of a house fire wasn’t bad enough, dealing with the moisture issues in its aftermath can be an even bigger struggle. Minimize damage with prompt water damage restoration services and mold removal. Interested readers can find more information about them at Water Restoration.

Flood Restoration

It can be amazing-and demoralizing-just how much damage water can cause, but there is hope. Your house fire and water damage don’t have to spell the end of your home. Flood restoration professionals can get your home dried out ASAP to minimize the damage and help prevent mold growth. Most water damage restoration companies are available 24 hours a day, so don’t hesitate to call! These professionals will use a series of vacuums, dehumidifiers, carpet fans, and specialized drying tools to eliminate moisture in your home. Addressing both standing water and absorbed water, they can ensure that virtually all of the moisture is removed, leaving your home dry and stabilized.

Mold Removal and Remediation

Lingering water in your home means one thing-mold. Especially if you’re unable to immediately dry out your home, the water from putting out a house fire can quickly lead to mold growth. Drywall, framing studs, and household belongings can all become food-sources for mold when there is persistent water. It’s important to have all mold and mildew removed from your home as part of the fire clean-up process, as all types of mold can lead to health problems for your family.

Mold remediation involves removing all visible growth via scraping, vacuuming, dry-ice blasting, and removal of contaminated materials. Your mold specialist may also follow up with a topical antifungal and disinfectant to prevent future regrowth of the mold. And while this process may sound simple enough, mold removal is a job for professionals. Containment to avoid contaminating the rest of your home as well as proper handling and disposal of the mold covered materials are crucial, so it’s best to leave it in the hands of the experts!